Below is the recipe I used and I noted the changes I made.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening ** I used 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour ** I used 1 cup white flour and 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves ** omitted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins ** 3/4 cup Hershey's Chocolate Chips - not a raisin fan!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, butter flavored shortening, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Stir in the oats and raisins. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until light and golden. Do not overbake. Let them cool for 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheets to cool completely. Store in airtight container.
YUM! These came out excellent. I think I would like them with raisins too.