add sense

Friday, April 22, 2011

Bunny Baking!

Time for Easter goodies!! Although all I managed this year was a bunny cake. I made one of these last year and it was so easy and so cute.

The cake was my old faithful Pillsbury Butter Cake mix.


See these pans? They belonged to my Mom, and I can't remember a time that she didn't have or use them. My Grandma had some too. They are at least 40+ years old and I can't remember ever seeing pans anywhere else with sliders. Maybe in a catalog, but never in a store. The slider makes them unique in that your cake will never stick to the pan. All you need is a little non stick spray. No lining pans with parchment, etc.


To get perfectly level cakes, you can use Wilton's Baking Strips. Or the old school way:


Cut strips from an old bath towel as wide as the pan. Wet them, wrap around the pan, and secure with a pin. The results: Nearly level cakes (almost) every time. And this was free.



Use one round layer for the bunny head. Carve ears out of the other layer and use the middle for the bow tie.

(mine is a little crooked)

Humidity was my enemy today. It took forever for the icing to dry enough for me to smooth it!! I had to kick the a/c down pretty low and that finally did the trick.



And then the fun part... time to decorate!!


Happy Easter, Everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment